Philips Lumify Handheld ECMO System
- September 28, 2020
Recently physicians from the University of New Mexico treated a cardiac arrest patient with a hospital portable life-support system. Philips Lumify Handheld Ultrasound Technology is an important component of the mobile ECMO unit.
The new handheld technology ECMO system imitates the functioning of heart and lungs, circulating oxygenated blood for patients who suffered a cardiac arrest. But the UNM, Department of Emergency Medicine first introduced the ECMO program in the USA. Now this system has only been available in certain hospitals.
This machine is designed in the back of a specialized ambulance, which allows physicians to perform an ECMO procedure. Delivering this advanced care could improve the chances of survival upto 30 percent.
Tha main advantages of this machine is:
- It has excellent image quality
- Easy to use
- This portable ECMO technology offers life support during a crucial , 60 minute window following a heart attack.
- Pre setting hospitals reduces the time required to diagnose patients and make crucial decisions about treatment.
About us and this blog
We are a telecardiology service provider offering online cardiology reporting services. This blog is a humble attempt to bring information about latest happenings in the cardiac imaging technology.
Request a free quote
We offer professional interpretation and reporting service of cardiac imaging and diagnostic modalities like ECG, Echocardiogram, Holter, TMT etc. Please provide details regarding your requirements so that we can send you a service proposal customized according to your needs.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Leading Role of Telecardiology in Healthcare Practices June 17, 2021
- Mindfulness Stress Reduction Program October 15, 2020
- Studying Atrial fibrillation via Camera & Software October 14, 2020